And Then There Were Five

 

But it's not a countdown...it's a count up.

So I was on Amazon tonight, like a lot of other people, looking at shit I probably didn't need, and they shoved an offer in my face for an $80 gift card if I applied and got approved for an Amazon store credit card. So I did. And I did. 

I guess like I've mentioned before, when it comes to credit, time is on your side. 

Now mind you, they only approved me for a $500 line of credit so the scars of Op V aren't that fully healed, but to be approved at all is quite noteworthy. Oh, and especially, considering the bank.

Now this card isn't the Amazon.com Prime Visa Card that I had years ago. That as far as I know is still, as it was back in my day, offered through Chase. This one is specifically an Amazon only store card. But even store cards are still managed by banks. And this bank? Synchrony. You know. The one that held my Walmart MasterCard and subsequently sold the account to PRA who was represented by Mr. Mumbles, Attorney at Law, Rest in Peace.

I guess they'll need a new lawyer to sue my ass off down the road a few years from now when this and the heap of other plastic rectangles I accumulate over the next few years as part of my new master plan for mini world domination transpires and I yet again pull the trigger on a renewed and glorious Neo Operation V, perhaps, circa 2029?

Cue the master villain music!