Spit Lube Screwed

 

They say justice is blind. Well that just isn't true. Justice is clearly focused and sees exactly who they are designed to benefit: the rich and powerful.

Lowly poor folk like me get mercilessly screwed.

So the screen cap shows my 10 minutes of time virtually-before the county court via Microsoft Teams facing the unseen judge and the drooling, incomprehensible attorney for the plaintiff. No seriously, he was literally drooling and mumbling through his testimony. Must have had some recent dental work or something, I'm not faulting him on that, but it was hilarious and, perhaps, a metaphor for the bumbling of this case on the part of both the plaintiff and the court through and through.

I complained that I got a letter in the mail two weeks ago from the plaintiff stating that there was a hearing scheduled for February 20th. This letter said that they mailed out the notice on January 22nd, but apparently, I'm to believe that the post office took a month and a half to get this letter to me.

The letter also indicated that I was to connect virtually to the court on a website, which the letter had listed the URL incorrectly spelled, and indicated it was in Hardee County, the county just west of Highlands County, and certainly not the county I live in.

The judge dismissed this complaint as being irrelevant despite the fact that the letter showed up coincidentally in my mailbox a week after the expiration of the judge's SUA SPONTE deadline.

I should have clarified this issue better, but in the end it probably wouldn't have mattered at all since this court also has its own issues. For instance, this hearing notice showed up on the county website under my court case and I found it only because, as I've mentioned before, I vigilantly check this every week. Had I not, I would never have known about it since I still have not received any email or snail mail notification. What's more, the notice says that this hearing is scheduled for Friday, March 28th. Well March 28th, today, is a Thursday.

So unceremoniously the judge instructed Mumbles to go ahead and submit his summary judgment motion and my vigilance will likely show that order approved by the judge sometime in the next week or so.

It's a racket. What's a poor person like me going to do? Just grin and bear it as a sellout judge and a mumbling boob in his plywood-walled office gangbang me using drool as lube.

Welp. At least I can say I got fucked.