Textbook Insanity?

 

It's often said that doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Of course, with my experience in the mental health field I can assure you that it's not the definition of insanity but it can describe pretty well one of the common examples of behavior patterns that people with mental illness frequently follow.

So, am I crazy? 'Cause, bitch!...it done happened AGAIN!!!

This is my third go 'round with Arise and AGAIN, it comes down to the wacky burning dumpster fire that is first day on the phones where all hell breaks loose and I'm left, at the end of it all, nursing many. many bottles of cold IPA to wash away the renewed realization that I got boonswaggled yet again!

Yes, sad Mickey, I may not be able to sprinkle pixie dust on your magical guests...

So, for the record, I describe my frustrations with the first two clients "D-Days" here and here. And this morning, just like then, I get the same results after doing the same actions yet I totally expected better.

First there's the soft phone. Avaya again, like during the Holland America go 'round. Same results...callers can't hear me...volume too low, or distorted, or overriding static. It didn't freeze this time like it did back with Holland, but maybe it was waiting to spring that BS on me.

Next there's the "systems." Of course they don't work the way they did in the many, many weeks of certification. Of course they don't work like in the many, many weeks of self-paced sandbox lessons. Of course I don't have notes for the real issues that may arise...Chat PFs seem to know though.

Speaking of Chat PFs (now labeled Chat SRs), they were about as helpful as a pet rock at times. Like they were for the other two clients. Oh, but I heard Disney Chat PFs were the best!! From whom? The other crazy people in the madhouse?

Lastly, again, the average call reason for all 7 or 8 calls I took in the two and some change hours I was able to "service" was shit we didn't really cover in class. And regarding "servicing," much of it was in AUX chatting with a Chat PF (which is bad but hey, gotta do...) or with me and caller trying to communicate (I could always hear them fine, but they had issues hearing me) or just them sitting in silence, with me in silence as well as I vainly tried to figure out what the fuck I was doing since we can't place them on hold.

Out of the calls, I think I DIDN'T hang up on just one. It was an information call regarding stuff I knew and/or could look up easily in Disney Central. If these were the only calls I would take, I'd be fine...if they could hear me that is.

I put my Starmatic hours for tomorrow up for SWAP but I think I'll give it another go on Tuesday, as scheduled.

Because maybe, just maybe, Tuesday will be different. Yeah, it'll be better then! You bet! Let me just go ahead and prop my guitar against my door incase the mafia send a hitman to kill me in the middle of the night. You never know!

EDIT: After several days of mulling it over and drunk sleeping on it, I made the decision to pull the plug after putting in one more hour attempting to fumble my way through calls. Lied to several callers, messed up at least one reservation but hey, at least I didn't hangup on anyone...until the end when I failed a transfer attempt and so I guess I did...oh, and the other caller that popped in my headset unexpectedly and caught me in a tizzy. I'm done.