PLANET COASTER CREATION: Melanacrastian Citadel


For years I've made many SIMS CREATIONS with the various versions of The Sims I've owned over the years. And while it's a great tool for constructing the virtual palaces of my dreams, the size of those fantasy abodes can only get so large. In years past, the main limitation was my various budget computers and their inability to render large amounts of 3-D graphics without blowing up. Now that's not so much of an issue. But, the other factor that constricts my uber-buildlust with The Sims is simply the limitations of the game itself. For instance, in The Sims 4, you're, like the previous versions, still stuck with developing only one lot at a time. And even the biggest you're relegated to roughly the real-world equivalent of about half an acre. Oh, and let's not forget the height limit. No more than four floors.


But Planet Coaster, though, as it's name suggests, is a roller coaster/theme park sim, it has a robust array of tools and building materials to build buildings limited mainly by just your imagination. And room! You've got plenty! Maybe as much as the real-world equivalent of about half a mile squared? What's that? Like 50 acres?

Get a load of this!:



Melanacrastian Citadel, daytime and evening views. It's a Medieval/Renaissance blend, like Versailles, built on continually over the millennia. Unlike the below offered sampling, this place, of course, is totally fictional so I just winged it 'till I I got tired, frankly. Took about 6 hours or so.

Below I've included screen shots (along with links to the pages of this blog they were originally posted to) of some of my past SIMS CREATIONS for comparison...







Nice representations of what could be made with The Sims 2, 3 and 4 respectively, but much, much smaller.