SIMS CREATION: The Breakers

The little quip I wrote in the previous post got me thinkin...yeah, let's do it. Let's build The Breakers in Sims 3.

I have all the graphics options set to HIGH but it still looks very similar to Sims 2, if you ask me. The people (Sims) look a bit more "chunky" and objects now appear to be 3-D modeled in monochrome first, then a "skin" is applied. This allows for endless user-created skins for all sorts of things. And surely, if you check out the Sims Exchange, users have re-colored everything...but it usually looks user-created. Kinda amateurish.

But I digress. Back to my mansion. It's about half furnished and painted, with the exterior completely done. It could use more landscaping, I think...but the original doesn't really have that much in the way of trees and flowers. The "katibo" look of The Breakers is partially achieved through its dramatic positioning in relation to the rocky cliff and ocean below...and that gorgeous back lawn. My version is happily positioned as similarly as I could get.

I've included here a front and back pic, along with a snapshot of the real thing for comparison.