PLANET COASTER: Rocky Point Reborn

 



Yes, I know, it has been a minute since I last dove into Planet Coaster and posted about it here. 

The park I'm working on has been in a very rudimentary state for a few years now. Like any good former Rhode Islander, I would be remiss to not think about recreating one of the most iconic amusement parks in Rhode Island if not all New England, Rocky Point. 

Now truth be told, my version depicted here has actually very little resemblance to the real Rocky Point Park as it used to be. But since Rocky Point no longer exists, I thought I zhuzh it up a bit. I still honored the idea that it is a seaside resort and as such has some awesome Kraken attacking sailing ships, an old fashioned steamboat (yes I believe they had them in Rhode Island sailing the waters of the Narragansett back in the day), and an old Gilded Age oceanside hotel similar to the one that used to exist at Rocky Point way back when. 

If you want to take a look at some pictures of the real Rocky Point from the era of my youth AKA the 1970s or so, click here. Meanwhile, I got to go back in and work on this park some more. Then I think I'll have a nice supper of red chowda and clam cakes at the shore dinner hall, which of course I did recreate.