G'Night, Sleep Tight...

 

Whelp, not even a full month back in human services, working closely with humans and their idiosyncrasies, I become the victim, yet again, of one of their common-enough problems.

As you may recall, last time I was working in the general field, I had to deal with one of the negative side-effects of hands-on interaction with "the masses." 

Folks, we're talkin' bed bugs. And this time, I'm pretty sure I got 'em in my bed.

Last go-round, luckily, it was only a problem stemming from the fuckers in the wooden desk in the office at Lakewood. This time, it's got to be here, in my home.

The only place they could have come from is a very likely source. Last week, I attended an ISP meeting, basically a progress report, held at the residence of the client. She's an older gal, works at a local grocery store and lives in a Section 8 apartment complex. Her apartment looked neat and clean, but it was in the ghetto. And, I sat on her couch. I'll tactfully enquire of her case manager this morning when I go in whether she's had a bed bug problem in the past and let her know my suspicions. I literally went nowhere else, that I can think of, that might have been the source.

It's 6:30am, my bed is stripped and bedding is in neat piles positioned, hopefully, far enough from the bed to make it harder for any stragglers to get back with their pack, if there is a pack. Like in 2016, I checked everywhere in the bed...the mattress is a foam deal, only four years old, it looks fine, the bed frame is the same as back in the day, the IKEA deal, same wood, steel construction, hardly a place for any "nest" to hide. I still have the can of bed bug RAID I'd bought back then so I sprayed around the headboard/frame joints and the legs...even the desk and desk chair for good measure. But if this is the can from then, it may be pretty much useless now.

I guess I'll get new spray and maybe order a mattress bag and the diatomaceous shit like I did seven years ago. Tonight, I think I'll also get some new bedding at Walmart while coming home from work and I'll make up the pull-out sofa bed in the living room to sleep in for a while. 

I haven't seen any bugs or any evidence of them. The sheet I had on the bed, one of my high-thread-count $80 deals, did look a little haggard so just as well I stripped it and threw it in the "washing machine." I'm sure I'll have to bring it (and all the other bedding for good measure) down to a real washing machine in the laundromat to use proper hot water and an electric hot-cycle dryer.

Oh, by the way, here's how I know I got the critters: