She Calls To Me


Ah, the Mighty Sea calls to me again...


And thanks to Trump's recent ban on travel to Cuba, I can benefit by snagging a great deal on a last minute cruise.

That's right kiddies, Papa's goin' on yet another cruise!

Not the Breakaway again, I promise, but in a way it is like booking on a prior ship...

If you remember, I sailed on Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas back in 2012. The ship I just booked on, the Majesty of the Seas, is of the same Sovereign class as Monarch and totally looks like the same ship...right down to its 1980s decor.

This cruise was one of those affected by the travel restriction. It was supposed to be a Ft. Lauderdale, Key West and Havana itinerary but they've had to substitute Nassau, Bahamas for the Cuba leg. I hadn't even been aware of the Cuba ban when I went scouting out cruise prices like I regularly do. I don't watch TV news or read any papers. I just glance every other day or so at the CNN and Fox websites. I guess I missed the whole Cuba thing.

So, as I assume it, I'm sure RCL had to deal with a lot of cancellations and, with this cruise embarking in just under a month, they slashed prices, even for single travelers like me, big time. In fact, my deal came out to just over $500 but had I acted quicker, I could have gotten the same cruise ship for another 5 day cruise (this one to good ol' Cozumel and Costa Maya) on its early July timeline for around $300, but someone clicked on it faster than me.

Here's the deets:

Majesty of the Seas