My First Foursome


No, not the kinda foursome you're thinking of, whore! LOL! As you can see from the pic, golfing.

That's right, you heard me (or rather read me) I played golf this weekend for the first time in a whole ten years. Here's a short clip of me playing back then and you know what? I'm even worse now!

I think in 2008 I was able to go the whole course at least. Not sure exactly. I know for sure I had to bow out at the ninth in the past, due to heat and exhaustion. Well now I can only make it about 4 or 5 holes. I did, however push it through most of the remaining holes with chipping and putting in order to help Ric out since we were playing best ball and I have a short game that's the same as or maybe a tad better than Ric's.

I saved our team on at least three holes. But, honestly, Ric did really well on his own throughout. He only fucked up on one skulled fairway stroke (where the ball merely bounced a few feet) and of course he screamed out a profanity or two yet he didn't throw or snap his club. Ah, he's maturing in his old age. Oh, and when it was all said and done the score was "Mike L. and Chock" (the first two guys from the left in the picture above) = 104 and "Mike C.(me) and Ric" = 101. So, yeah, we won!

Ric was sufficiently (ie. smuggly) satisfied, though he regrets we he didn't make par on any hole. The course was one none of us had been to before. Ric won a contest at work and got a free foursome tee time at Rio Pinar Country Club in East Orlando. This place is touted as one of the first golf courses in Orlando (that's an awesome achievement since so many have closed or been redeveloped over the decades) and apparently enjoyed some spotlight in the day hosting the PGA Tour's Citrus Open from 1966 to 1982. Those were the days of the giants when Arnold Palmer, Lee Trevino, and Jack Nicholas roamed the tours. Despite its age, this course looks gorgeous. Beautifully maintained and laid out masterfully, featuring long, ample fairways, lush landscaping and a clean, large clubhouse (though the architecture of the building is right out of the 50's stylebook). This course may have been a "Members Only" club back in the day (read: no blacks or Jews please) but it's public these days and at a weekend rate in the mid $30 range, not a bad deal at all.