What A Similarity A Year Makes

Last year around this time, I wrote some brief yet quite cryptic posts (here and here) alluding to some stressful crisis I was enduring. I still want to stay vague about the issue that so vexed me but suffice it to say that soon after the new year, the issue resolved itself and was soon fretted over no more.

Now, again in early December of this year, I'm faced with a very (and I do mean VERY) similar problem looming on the horizon. Not the same thing at all, but, again, very similar.

Like that issue, if I divulged to people like Ric my troubles, I'd likely be shunned. It is, in all honesty, quite embarrassingly bad. Oh, I know you must be dying to know what it is...but I can't go into it. Not now. Maybe not ever.

The stress that last year's dilemma caused me was very intense. This new issue is actually worse so the potential for an even higher degree of stress is there. Hopefully I'll be able to get through it without literally dropping dead of a heart attack.

If the posts on this blog suddenly seem to stop for an extended amount of time, that may be the reason.

Is it a coincidence that all this comes to me right after I put up a SIM CREATION post remembering the work of Redd Foxx? A man who struggled with alcoholism and addiction and was beleaguered by financial and legal issues. A man who ironically dropped dead of a massive heart attack of the likes he'd famously feigned in his role as his Fred Sanford character.

All I know is this whole thing makes my recent gains in mental health due to a daily regimen of eating better, drinking less and taking St. John's Wort pretty moot.

I may as well just give up, look skyward and shout up there to "Elizabeth" that I'm comin' to join her.