Tuesday Night's Show?

 


So I'm cruisin' Reddit and in the OldAsFuck sub, someone referenced that kooky dance that Dick Shawn did in his groovy bachelor pad with his aloof girlfriend before he joined in the crazy car race to "save" his momma in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World." "Yes, that was hilarious and his chick's expression is classic, but I prefer how it's done in Bob Fosse's Rich Man's Frug." Now, I love wild 60s stuff and I see a lot of movies from that era, like the above mentioned all-star comic classic that I've thoroughly enjoyed no less than 30 times I'm sure, but "Sweet Charity," the movie version anyway, where this referred to song and dance number originates, which stars one of my all-time favs, the great Miss Shirley MacLaine, has alluded me, mysteriously, all these years. Well, I'm renting it (not available free on any streamer) when I get back from my trip for sure, if only for this sweet, sweet number.

Oh, but wait...

As I watched this clip I realized it looks exactly like the kind of show MSC puts on. Maybe they'll have this Tuesday night in the onboard theater? I mean, look at the Roman statues and columns on the stage... clearly this is an Italian influenced production!

Oh it's 2026, Michael, why would a contemporary show on a modern cruise ship be staged featuring outrageous camp from the 60s?

Have you sailed on MSC before?

Oh this would entirely be right up their fantastically uniquely quirky and European old world charming alley. Indeed!