Slappa Says It Best

 


Well I checked in on another of my Quirkymen this morning and man, it's getting like Matante Mable's morning ritual of checking the obits in the paper, I had to do the "aww" yet again.

Of course I knew it was coming. He'd posted this video about his late-stage cancer struggles back in April. And you could tell he wasn't trolling. T2 was fucking dying.

T2Darlantan was my YouTube doppelganger. I was actually told once, by someone who was, like me, no doubt, a fellow gamer and YouTube vlog watching enthusiast, that I looked just like him. And, yes, I do. A slightly older version, but we did look the same. But beyond looks, we had a lot more in common. I, like him, wasn't interested in a ton of friends, yet had our singular outlet for expression to other people for a little bit of connection... for him YouTube, for me this blog. We were both hermits, atheists, readers, gamers, opinion posters, armchair amateur philosophers and even pros at cooking.

I came across this video eulogy, really, done by another longtime YouTube gamer, SLAPPAYURFACE, in a style much like T2 did his vlogs, stream of random thoughts just voiced out onto the "interwebs" for anyone to listen to and either give a shit about or not... I think it's the best tribute that could be done.