The left boogie's recovered to the point I chopped it down in the spring... but not really. It's mostly other plants filling in, using the dead branches of the former boogie as an armature. Oh, there's some of it there, but only a frail remnant and certainly I won't be seeing any blooms anytime soon. The right one's only showing intermittent blooms here and there on occasion, no cavalcade of color like in the Before Times... before the Great Freeze, that is.
Note the edge job I did on the border between the front lawn and the driveway. With a cheap, cordless weed whacker. Not bad. Also, with a postage stamp yard like mine, notice the straw broom leaning on the post near the porch entrance. No electric leaf blower needed. Just sweep the clippings back into the grass.
Makes me want to break out in song like Oliver Wendell Douglas...
