Okay, now I thought the game I previously posted about, Just Cause 3, was addictive. I gulped down 30 hours of that in less than a week... but THIS here! Ugh! It's freakin' digital crack!
I picked it up on a Steam sale, of course, though I'd been eyeing this for quite a while now. It's been in early release but just got upgraded to 1.0 so it's supposedly full-fledged and complete. And I gotta say, it seems pretty smooth on that end, a nice wholly thought out sim with a ton of content.
You start out as a young kid out to make his mark as a business entrepreneur in the Big City. It's supposed to be New York with New York neighborhoods and generally a NYC feel, but the geography is all wrong and the game is developed by Europeans so how accurate is that aspect? Well, fagetaboutit! Frankly, it could be any city really so it doesn't at all matter. You get a bit of start up money from your "uncle" (wink, wink, you are a cute young twink after all... or is that my imagination?) and build a small shop from the ground up. You do everything, including manning the register for long, long hours at first. Makes you appreciate a retail job's nightmare. Argh!
Eventually you make some money, hire employees, get your supply chain going, market your business, and scurry around town to make sure your little store has all it needs to succeed, all while you maintain your own needs to eat, sleep and have fun. Sounds like The Sims, you say? Well yes, but much more from the work aspect end of it. And you have much, much more control. Then there are rivals and your ambitions to open more stores, diversify into other businesses, get a corporate office, hire executives like an HR department and supply chain manager, the sky's the limit. Eventually, you want to push out the competition, gain full market share, control all aspects of the supply line by building factories and warehouses and man, you are soon a billionaire. All while in the real world your sitting in your single-wide trailer cowering away from the blazing heat of Florida and hittin' that crack pipe. (Well, I don't "hit" anything, but I had to complete the image, you know.)
I positively gobbled down 20 hours of this game in the last day though! 20 hours in one day! Fuck! Who needs real drugs?
