This past week has truly been the world's chance to remember Dolly Parton. The much-beloved iconic singer, actress, businesswoman and philanthropist passed away Tuesday and it has been non-stop one tribute after another to her. I mean, I even went into Walmart this morning to do a little shopping and they have her songs exclusively non-stop playing on the PA system; employee remarked to me it's been that way for a few days and no one's complaining. I don't recall anyone who's had so much universal love.
For me, I of course remember her most from "9 to 5" the movie and the hit song that played endlessly for a while there in the early eighties. All the jobs I've had over the years, I could so relate to the whole "pour a cup of ambition, yawn and stretch and try to come alive" bit. And many times I too had daydreams of hogtying my bosses up like a rodeo calf and stuffing a Hermes scarf in their mouth to shut them the fuck up.
Every celebrity and their cousin's had their say, all good of course. There's still a ton of messages on all the socials expressing their respect and remembrances, wishing her rest in peace all over the internet. Heck, even mother nature's gettin' in on the tribute's, sending Tropical Storm Dolly our way from across the Atlantic. (Well, storms are pre-designated their names years in advance so it's just a coincidence but, well...) And, the TS will calm down on arrival, mainly bring beneficial, benign rains to the Caribbean in a most Dolly-like kindly way... how sweet.
YouTube's full of Dolly appearances and memorabilia, of course, and I found this (clip below) just now and thought it was cute... a very old Graham Norton from over two decades ago, Dolly enduring impersonators of her. Oh, I almost forgot about them, I'm sure all the Dolly drag queens are having full on tribute shows this week. Maybe I aught to get on up to Orlando and see if I can hunt one down... then I can, as a final homage and gesture of closure to this great lady, say Well, Hello Dolly.
OMG, I just Googled her to confirm her time of death and Google did this tribute graphic animation making this message with fluttering butterflies appear. Seriously! Who but her gets a dedication like this?

