The Elusive Forty One

 








Above are the 41 achievements left out of a possible 286 in Civ V. I tried making a run for Nigerian Bank Account yesterday but I played as Shaka and I guess you need to be European with an explorer unit 'cause I couldn't figure out why I didn't get any option to "marry" a bride from a city state (not usually a thing at all in regular Civ; unique to the Scramble for Africa scenario, I guess). And today I tried to grab Reverse Engineer and thought it'd be quick as a wink in Settler difficulty but at that setting the AI is so handicapped they weren't able to build any wonders in anywhere near enough time for my patience. Almost all the others are either crazy hard, near impossible without luck (or cheats) and tedious. Yes, yes, there are tons of guides out there for help but many I'm trying to do on my own as I've done for almost all the others I have gotten. I haven't earned a chieve in two years! Well, mainly 'cause I don't much care to try anymore. Kinda sad though I have over 8K hours in this game and I only have 85% success rate in hunting down these guys. Maybe I need to work on upping my percentage in VI? It's only 10% there. Meh. I'll stick to V.

EDIT: So I dove back in to try and get what I thought might be one of the last remaining viable standard game cheives, Losing My Marbles, which tasks you with extracting 5 artifacts from the territory of another major civ. Simple right? Settler, fast-track tech tree to Archeologists and be "Mr. Nice Guy" with most so to get open borders and allow my Indiana Joneses to drop on over and pluck them treasures even before they know they have buried ancient sites. And for the civs that don't want "Nice Guy Approach" to open borders, at Settler with protecting units, Declare War, camp around ancient sites and dig anyway. But I didn't build museums! I didn't have slots available for the booty! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I hate this game!