Sup

 


Sup. As in "what's up?"

So I just came up with a theory today. I think I post to this blog more frequently if I'm successfully avoiding drinking. Here's a quick look at the stats:

For this year so far, which has seen dramatic decreases in overall average drinking, we're at 165 if you count this post. For all of last year, I posted a total of 204 times. This was the first year of substantial reductions in drinking overall. The year before, 2024, 179, which was the start, I think, of when Ozempic and other drugs I take began to influence my drinking behavior. '23 and '22 were around what I'd been posting for many years, just over a hundred posts per year on average. And I was drinking like a fish. (Why do we say that? Fish don't drink more significantly just 'cause they swim in it, do they?)

In the pic above, I think you can tell I'm pretty shitfaced. And, surprise, it's not from today. I took this selfie seven years ago, in the Age of the Drunk Fishies.

Here's a pic from a few minutes ago, just as I'm 'bout to take my first sip of beer in over a week...


Yikes. I think I look a lot better in the "bad ol' days." Maybe it's age. Maybe I need to take that sip gulp now.

"Under the sea..." Glug, glug, glug.

EDIT: Hold up, homey! 

I took a look back on my calendar to when I shot that top pic, July 2019. I wanted to see if I logged what my weight was since I think I look better there than now, even though I thought I'm lower in weight at present than I've been even before I moved here. Well I didn't see that I logged any weight totals but I scrolled a bit and stumbled on these two months in 2022 when I tracked in detail what I was drinking. HOLY SHIT! I forgot I drank like that! Look -- click on the pics to get a gander at the golden entries. Especially take note of March 30th "blood in vomit" green (meaning medical) entry.



The next month, June, doesn't track drinking any more. I wonder why? Shame? Exhaustion at having to make so many entries? Maybe it got even worse and I forgot to log shit? FUCK!

Okay, maybe these two bottles I opened already will be enough for tonight. No need to get "shitfaced." If the above averages are where I'd be plummeting back to, I think I'll let my little fish go belly up, thank you very much.