I've Been Robbed!

 


Well, not me IRL, but my Vault 88 treasures have gone mysteriously missing!

As you can see from the redness in my health status, I've been busy rousting about the filthy, radiation-soaked Commonwealth killin' baddies and tendin' to my peeps at my numerous other bases, and when I go to check in on my main crib, I find the settlers all "ho hum, nothin' happin' here Overseer..." yet lo and behold, I notice that all my display cases and many other items are pillaged!

Above is the entrance to one of the wings of my Wasteland Memories Museum. The Deathclaw hand that should be propped so delicately on this table is gone and here's the rest of the museum, all the cases empty!



Same for the Rec Room downstairs. One case held a very rare baseball bat.



Thankfully, my power armor vault was untouched...


And my almost half-completed Vault Boy Bobbleheads collection remained unscathed...


But look at my private loot stash in my office! Argh!


Here's what it looked like before:


All that gold, silver and cash! Gone!

And this just on the eve of my opening of my new Vault 88 Library of the Commonwealth. I was going to load up these shelves with a massive collection of things from my many adventures. Now, not too sure.



I mean, even my painstakingly, and I do mean PAINSTAKINGLY, placed bottles of liquor at my Atrium Bar, since I don't use mods to place shit on shelves, I do it by hand, saw most of my work destroyed by more than half of the bottles just...disappeared!


So "Whodunnit?" you say. Well, I searched around, of course, and I recovered a couple items in the Hydroponics garden (underneath one of the museum rooms) and outside in an area where raiders usually get trapped and killed by my settlers when they try to invade. Was it a raider incursion? Did raiders really make off with all this loot? I had 12 well-armed settlers and fairly good opening coverage. But I did a more extensive inspection and I did find one door that I had accidentally left poorly defended. It was also opened. They may have gotten in that way. I just spent an hour or so and I sealed up this vault tighter than a... well you know. Let's just say, there's no way in or out other than the main entrance, and I further bolstered that with even more barricades and defenses. The next question is, could it be an inside job? Could one or more of these 12 be the thief?


Here I'm eyeballing them from my lofty Overseer's Office window on high. As usual, they're just milling about weirdly near that upper platform doorway to the Science Lab for no reason. I checked each one out, of course. No one had any "goods" on them. But I think a few had less than the additional armaments I gave them all too, packing only their standard cheap-ass pipe pistols so maybe they "fenced" the shit. They also didn't have a ton of caps either, but maybe they got their own "stash."

Yeh, I think I gotta keep my eye on these guys. You can't be too careful.