Well, not really. But really, it is.
I went and ordered a couple of Hawaiian shirts for my upcoming cruise last night and I was also going to order a pair of cargo shorts so I wanted to get an accurate waist size, so I measured my waist. I actually have a tailor's tape measure and used it... 50 inches! Hey, you know what? After what?... Three fucking years on Ozempic, I'm still fucking fat!
The chart on the site went up to 50 max, so I'm at the highest I could go to order a pair of shorts for cryin' out loud. Oh yes, I've been been bigger. I've had to endure years and years of not even being able to order almost anywhere because of my size. But I'm sick of it now. I need to get this shit down.
And it's not just size, it's physical ability and stamina. I'm already at the age where some things are diminishing because of that, I don't need to be dealing still with shit I can influence. I can't stop aging, but I sure as hell can stop being so fat.
My shoulder is FINALLY starting to ease up and I can move more freely without so much pain again. It's not totally unfrozen... that'll take another year I guess, but the zingers are gone and I can use it pretty much as I need to now. I'm also still at my low 270s weight... 272 to be exact, so it is better that it's been, especially in the "bad old days" of promiscuous drinking.
But I have the upcoming cruise, where drinks and food will be there a-plenty. Well, the drinks won't be free... or cheap, so that'll help modify that, along with whatever cocktail of pharmaceuticals are working in my favor in that regards. The Italian food though...
So the challenge is to get down enough to deal with the influx of it all and come out the other side still ahead.
The cruise embarkation is in exactly three weeks from today. Let the race begin!
I have three weeks to lose 15 pounds because I want to step aboard the MSC Seaside adding only another 257 pounds to her gross tonnage of 153,516 gross-tons (plus the weight of all the other fat ass passengers and shit). And if in this endeavor I happen to hit 255, which would tie the record from 2013 and be the lowest in over a decade, again, so be it, but we'll officially shoot for a 15 pound loss. The other end of it would be to maintain in the 250s by the end of the cruise four days later so only allowing a two pound gain, if any, for the "decadence" of the cruise's temptations.
MFP is back up on the Bookmark Bar. The fridge is "kinda" clean with soup, salad and many frozen veggie options in the freezer. There's also leftover alfredo lasagna, pork cutlet Milanese and, well, the soup has quite a bit of ramen in it, so there's that. Feel the O, Michael... SMALL PORTIONS! YOU CAN DO THIS! Because, after all...
IT'S A RACE! I AM WINNING!
Cue the narcolepsy.
