It Figures

 

I was in the mood to get shit organized and tidy. My multiple overflowing hampers with dirty clothes requiring me to do my most hated chore: laundry? Nope. My lawn littered with bougainvillea branches, out of control weeds and a mailbox post festooned with gross snails crawling up it? Nope. I wanted to do my taxes, silly. Yes, eight months early.

I just had a feelin'...

Now with Social Security payments each month, and factoring in the $7,500 I pulled from my IRA in the beginning of this year, I knew my income was going to catch taxes, for the first time in years. And not only the regular federal tax obligation, but, remember, I get Premium Tax Credits for my Marketplace health insurance. That requires some "contribution" if you're above the poverty line... and despite the piddly amount I'll "take in" this year, the government wants its due.

So here's my worksheet...


I assume the "no taxes on Social Security" thing Trump supposedly got passed, I don't think that takes effect for the 2026 tax year. Let me check... 



Here's another reason AI Overview is crap. Did the above "answers" really answer my question of "taxes on Social Security for 2026?" Not really to my satisfaction. It's vague and maybe I pay no taxes since I'm certainly under $25,000 or is it a portion, or is it "not happening yet?" Ugh. I best figure what I worked out above in handwriting just incase and budget that I MAY owe about 452 bucks.

Oh, and I got really organized and made little folders for all my tax records...