Much social media hullaballoo today about the total solar eclipse over Europe. Here's a Reddit post about it featuring a really good video of the totality.
But of course, I've seen one myself you know. Just a reminder, I posted about this and made the video below nine years ago in Charleston, SC.
Mine's not as dramatic as the video shot in the Reddit post above since back then I didn't have the proper lens filter so I didn't shoot the sun directly and I wanted to be "in the moment" so during the full totality event, I didn't film... I just lived it. Call me old fashioned that way. I like phones with instant access cameras to capture some of an event, but to stand there like the kids today and just experience a thing live only through the screen of my phone as I non-stop shoot it... well, that's not my way of living through something.
EDIT: Weird. The Reddit post was only an hour old then the OP deleted it. So no awesome video as I described. Don't know why it was deleted. Tried to search for others but some LIVE feeds were ended and didn't allow rewind, and most were by news stations with commentary... I just wanted raw video. It's still early... the eclipse over Spain only occurred a couple hours ago as I type this so a lot of personal social media hasn't been published yet I guess. Huh. Well, I guess there really ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
