It's Been Too Long

 

Once upon a time, especially during a year called 2019, I was known to take a sea cruise or two. The last one, in February of 2020, was picked up as a last minute deal for an incredibly low price likely due to mass cancellations as the world was waking up to the dawn of the Age of Covid.

But soon after, the pandemic pretty much put a halt to my non-stop cruising and I haven't been on one since.

Well that's all about to end.

I jumped online last night to see if there were any last minute deals to potentially ride out Milton and though I may not have been able to snag something since it seemed he popped up on the scene a little too unexpectedly on my ass, after I ride his butt out, in 2 weeks I'll be sailing the board the MSC Seashore.

It's a four-night little jaunt to the MSC Private Island and Nassau in the Bahamas, but I think the star of the trip will certainly be this massive, brand-spanking new ship. Bigger than the Breakaway, I expect to actually lose weight with all the walking I'll no doubt do exploring this enormous vessel. Only bad thing, you know I like the rocky waves and I doubt I'll feel much of anything on this behemoth.

The price is fantastic. It must be all these hurricanes buzzing around scaring people, making them cancel their trips sending cruise lines in a tizzy having to let cabins go at discount rates for single occupancy just to be sure they don't sail with too many empty units.

So of course, as it is with all these last-minute deals, the trip's all booked and paid for. I guess it'll come in handy as I may need a place to live, at least for those few days after my mobile home is blown to smithereens by ol' Uncle Milty.