Three Years And Eight Months?

 

Is this real?! Has it really been this long?

So lately I've been thinking, "Why the fuck is this blog offline?"

I know I write this for me. This is ultimately the hardcore truth. I don't write this for any other reason really. So the alternate question could also be. "Why should it be online?"

Honestly, when I started this, way back in the ancient times, that is, 2005, there were probably about only a hundred people on the internet anyway and all of them were just middle-aged geek losers like me so I didn't give a fuck.

And that's the way it continued for decades. Occasionally strangers would stumble upon my blog and make a comment here and there. Sometimes complimentary, sometimes not. Back in those early days, rest assured, they were real people, not Bots. And the chances that somebody I knew IRL finding my blog and actually taking the time to read it we're pretty much nil.

But then certain weird things started happening in the late 2010s. By then, technology had gotten to the point where a person would be able to put in Search terms and AI algorithms got to the point where they would be able to make those less than six degrees of separation in order to find out if little old nobody me wrote something about little old nobody them based on a few matching parameters. And voila! Now I had people that I knew IRL commenting on my blog, pissed off at me, and, alternatively, I had people IRL who let it be known that they obtained information that was only available by way of this blog.

Even that didn't deter me. I figured, it's a free country, and yes, I may say things in this blog that may ruffle a few feathers, but it's really easy for somebody to not have to deal with it, all they have to do is not read this.

But then, I thought about the probabilities of consequences if people involved in actions of an investigative nature were set out to try to game leverage on me especially in areas of Finance. Thus explains blackout periods where I took this blog offline during times of possible investigations by either corporate or police entities into alleged Financial dealings on my behalf.

And it looks like the last time I took this blog offline was right after the first time I was served papers in a lawsuit by a creditor.

This would have been back on January 22nd, 2021.

If this is true, I've really let this blog stay offline way too long!

I understand my fears and misgivings about the risks of this blog being online back during that time, but believe you me, so much has gone on since then and frankly, my whole attitude about my financial risks have so fully changed over the course of those years, it makes it seem ridiculous almost to the point of looking at this so-called protective action as the epitome of overkill.

If you were just an ordinary fan of this blog and somehow got notified that it's now back online, I invite you to sit back a spell and take a moment or two to catch up. A shit ton has gone down over the past couple years or so. Well I guess for all of us I'm sure.

And if you're some Simon Legree fucker rubbing your hands together thinking you now "Got Me!" well go ahead and take everything I got! Cuz you know what I got? I got a lot of nothin', honey!