Sham Cam

 


Despite the title, I don't really have a security camera positioned where I can get a shot like this. It'd be great believe me, but I don't think my neighbors across the street would appreciate me installing a camera in their front yard. Of course this is just a full frontal photo taken with my phone today around 1:00 p.m. of the front of my palatial cozy little homestead, Shamrock Inches.

The idiot park manager Connie and her minion Mike thought clipping a twig off of the purple bougainvillea was $20 worth of yard work. I kind of blame myself since I told Mike a couple weeks ago that I was fine with the bushes being tall and high, I just usually get bothered when a thorny branch suspends above my driveway, scratching my car as I go in and out. Apparently, he thought that's all the treatment I wanted done when I paid for my bushes to be trimmed back. So that's what he did last week, using what sounded like a chainsaw to snip off that bit of overhang. 

I'm tired of arguing with these morons. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is that it's a futile fight to tussle with little-minded people. They either truly can't comprehend or they become super vindictive and hold a grudge forever. I don't really need this from the people who collect my monthly lot rent. All she has to do to fuck me over is, somehow, misplace my rent check. So far that's the one competent thing she's done since she's been in this position for the past couple years. So to avoid confrontation entirely, I just got out this morning and hacked away at my bushes with my muscle-powered hedge shears. 

A little bit of sweat is worth it. It didn't really take much time to get them to where they are now and I need the exercise anyway.