Chick-Fil-A's In Town!

 


You know you live in a small town, in the middle of nowhere, in the South, heavily populated by older, white, Christian folk, when a Chick-fil-A opens up and there's a line before noon of at least 100 cars. Such was the situation today for the grand opening of this popular fast food eatery just a block away from my house. So close, I could have easily walked there. But of course I didn't.

In this next picture, I'd been waiting in the line of cars for about half an hour or so. As you can see I'm about to make a turn to the right up ahead to then be able to take a left directly into the drive-thru. This newly built Chick-fil-A has the advantage of having lots of acreage in this redeveloping plaza and they took full use of it stanchioning off a literal maze throughout the back of the proto-parking lot. I got to hand it to them, they knew well they'd be hit hard, heck even I knew that, and they planned well for it having plenty of room for the cars and lots of employees flitting about taking orders directly with iPads and delivering them by hand. I chose to use the app and ordering was a breeze.

A little hint on how busy it was... In this next picture, we're just about to get under the drive-thru canopy and we can see the Chick-fil-A mascot cow comforting a co-worker. I saw this girl before she went up to the cow, walking from beyond the parking area, perhaps set up as a smoking area for employees well out of sight of customers, and the look on her face was pure shock. Maybe this is her first fast food job? Maybe this is the first time she ever worked during a grand opening such as this? I can only imagine how chaotic it must have been in that kitchen.


Well all their efforts paid off. My Chick-fil-A classic chicken sandwich with Chick-fil-A sauce, waffle fries, and a peach milkshake was absolutely freaking delicious! Of course for $12.85 it should be. But I guess that's an average price for a typical fast food order these days.

Happy to have yet another option of a place to grab a good bite to eat here in sleepy Sebring. And perhaps a place to work in the future when I realize my Social Security just ain't going to cut it.