Operation STH: We Have A Leak!

 





Well I estimate it took just about under an hour to fill this thing which is really a fantastic rate, got to hand it to that sump pump. But, uh-oh, look at the second picture...we have leakage!

Damn! It's got to be water coming in through the jet holes. I'm not sure I could plug all of them up without actually doing permanent damage to the jacuzzi. You see my idea is to just have a nice little pool to soak in, and eventually when I feel I can an afford it, I'll call some guy over to fix the problem. But I think even for a simple cracked PVC pipe, we're talking hundreds of dollars. I'm sure these guys price in a range appropriate to normal jacuzzi owners who are probably primarily much better off than me.

For now the plan is to just deal with it. Hopefully without the motor running water through the pipes, the leak will stay at a slow rate. This carpet you see here is fully outdoor carpeting so I don't mind it being damp, except for the fact that I guess I would have to worry about mold and shit.

Well, I put a few ounces of chlorine in the water and as you can see from the first pic, she looks surely mighty inviting. It's not even 9:00 yet, but I was sweating already just doing this little bit of labor. Of course "Precious" next door was barking her little head off (My name for the dog, I don't know what her actual name is and I don't care.). Mary hushed it, to a little bit of success, as she turned her TV volume down to hear what was going on outside. After she probably figured out it was me, she turned the TV back up. But after I added my chlorine, I swished it around with my hand a bit, and don't you know she shut the TV off probably hearing water and wondering what the heck that was. So there's more than just her little dog with its perky ears.

I've been feeling especially socially awkward lately and I'm not too keen on the idea of stripping down to my skivvies to go for a dip in my little pool if I know there be eyes watching me!

But as the heat rises today, and I feel the yearn to enjoy a little Florida sunshine from the comfort of my leaky cool tub, I'll be shrugging off those concerns and letting it all hang out 'cause after all, Screwing This Heat is the ultimate goal.

EDIT: It's now almost four hours later and though there's an increase in the puddling of water at the base, now reaching out towards the screen side almost to the Adirondack chair, the level in the tub still looks the same. I did take a dip in it about an hour ago and I had a bit of overspill since the water level is quite high. It felt awesome of course, by the way!


EDIT 2: Now after 8 hours, the leak seems small indeed as there is little depreciation in water levels overall. Here I am chillin' with a Michelob Ultra and listening to tunes with my JBL Bluetooth noise-cancelation (What neighbors?) headphones.