Roasted Mickey Mouse Anyone?

 


Believe it or not, scattered amongst legitimate news articles featured on the top page of Google News tonight, I saw a headline stating that the iconic Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom burned to the ground. Perplexed, I quickly clicked on the link and it brought me to a very legit looking article showing among its description of events a couple of extremely realistic looking photos like the one above. Shit had me actually duped for a minute, I'll admit.

But, of course, this is fake. It seems it was a witty way for the producers of a Disney humor website called MouseTrapNews.com to gain some click-baity traffic. Got to admit, the photos look awesome. Whoever did them knows their way around Photoshop for sure.

The "article" states that people who were interviewed regarding the "tragedy" suspect that Disney-themselves were behind the torching of the theme park weenie in order to replace it with something more profitable, like maybe a Spirit Halloween store for instance.

After the lies and obfuscation of this week's supposed "picture-perfect" (sans any pictures) moon landing, I guess now I'll believe any fake news that's out there.