I've Been Publixed Again

 



A lot of people claim Publix is too expensive, me included at times. I'll admit they're not the cheapest, you can slog amongst the masses at Walmart or swat the vermin away at Save-A-Lot or work your ass off self-bagging at Aldi for less, arguably. But Publix is a relatively more middle-class atmosphere and usually okay in freshness and almost always have friendly staff so it kinda makes up for it. Plus, they have really good BOGOs.

Look at the above receipt. I saved almost 80 bucks in one shopping haul!

You gotta get the BOGOs though. And they should be for food that you'd have bought at full price to make the deal even sweeter.

Here are some of the bargains I picked up today:

Red Baron Hand-Tossed premium pizzas, $8.99 buy one, get one free.

Pace Salsa, $3.49 buy one, get one free.

Johnsonville Italian Sausage, I wanted brats but they were out, $6.89 buy one, get one free.

El Monterey Steak and Cheese Taquitos, $9.49 buy one, get one free. Didn't I get these at Walmart for 3 bucks each?

2-liter Diet Coke, $3.69 buy TWO, get TWO free. They have too much (likely flat, too) so force you to buy a lot.

Pepperidge Farms bread, likely expired, $4.99 buy one, get one free. So $2.50 each shrinkflation loaf.

Land O' Frost swill meat, I posted about this before, $8.59 buy one, get one free.

On The Border cheap-ass stale tortilla chips, $3.99 buy one, get one free. Used to be a buck a bag.

What am I saying! These aren't a value! They mark up the price before they BOGO and it's either the crap they can't move or it's low quality anyway.

When will I learn?

Dammed you Publix! Dammed You!!!