Ring That Bell!

 


So I just completed ANOTHER certification with Liveops. This time with one of their oldest and most popular clients, the Direct Response line. Inbound order taking for callers responding to TV infomercials. Well that should be super sweet and easy, right? But the heavy requirements are to hard press for upsells, cross sales, affinity programs like continuity clubs (memories of Daymark), magazine sales (OMG, just like old times), transfers to third-party offers, and basically everything under the sun that could be pushed on to them, now that we have them on the phone and they have their credit card in their hand. Rack 'em up baby!

So I made myself the little virtual whiteboard you see above very much in the style of the whiteboards we had at DialAmerica.

I haven't graduated into nesting just yet, waiting on that sometime today or tomorrow. Certification was really quick; just a lot of e-learning really, but reading through the scripts on some of the MANY products and services offered brings me back in time to all the telemarketing programs of the past.

Who knows, this might actually be fun?

If I get into the groove with this, I might just go ahead and buy me a bell!

DING! Way to go Michael!

EDIT: So it's a week later and I worked a whopping total of one and a half hours and made a whopping seven bucks and change. Scheduling commits is a fierce game of 52 card pickup on release day, similar to a few other clients where there are just too many agents for the calls available. Working uncommitted is allowed, at least during nesting. Not sure about outside of nesting once in production. There also seems to be a cap on the number of commits that one can work per month. According to my simple math skills and pessimistic prognostications, I don't see realistically making even minimum wage.

So, again, Another One Bites the Dust.