Joe And Annie

 



So the Honey Boo Boo house sold last month. I think they were asking in the low 20s but according to the website the sale price was $15,000. Well, you saw the pictures of the interior. Makes sense. The only newish thing of the entire house is the mini split air conditioning system. And even that had two helper window ACs. Well a couple weeks ago, the new owners gutted what looked like everything. It was in a big pile on the front lawn. Stove, fridge, vanities, couch, chairs, you name it. Like a lot of these mobile homes, including mine, they're sold furnished. Luckily for me, the furniture I acquired with my unit met my approval and I happily use it. Of course I deal with the old appliances that I can't afford to replace.

Looks like my new neighbors are owner sweat-equity willing and actively engaged in replacing a lot of what was inside the Honey Boo Boo house. As you can see by the security cam images, this couple is busy fixing their new place up themselves.

I haven't met them yet. They don't yet live here as they are doing such a deep remodeling including lots of nail banging sounds, power saw sounds, other various construction-ish sounds from about 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. everyday. This doesn't bother me when I'm at the computer, but it means that I have to coordinate my living room TV viewing time with their loud buzz buzz, bang bang schedule.

I also haven't seen them in the flesh yet either. The above screen caps are the closest I've come to seeing what they look like. I am not about to exit my home while they're milling about and do a meet and greet. If it's forced upon me, I think I do a pretty good job of it. But if I have my dothers on it, I'd just do what I did all along in the years that the Honey Boo Boos live there. I'll just pretty much never meet them. That'd be fine by me.

I haven't decided on a name for them yet. Yet another benefit of never meeting them, I don't have to actually acknowledge them by their real name. Kind of like I do with the ones across the street I call Emile and Connie. By the pictures above, with the dude carrying the boards and his wife with her long white hair pulling a small sapling which I suppose she'll be planting, I'm thinking, Carpenter Joe and Green Thumb Annie.

I almost want to go out and meet them tomorrow just to see how close I came. If their names are Joe and Annie, I'll fuckin' lose my mind.