Had I Known...

 

I would have booked a Texas trip for this weekend instead of my Washington-Baltimore-Phily trip last week.

I only found out about this eclipse literally a few days ago. I probably should sign up for some eclipse watch notification that I'm sure some geek like me invented as an app for a smartphone, or something like that.

But then again, I could have found out that the situation is the same as the actual full solar eclipse happening next year...no rooms at the inn, so to speak. When I checked to try to book something for that event, rooms were scarce everywhere in its path and those that were available we're at outrageous rates. Funny thing too, though I think the path of next year's eclipse is quite different, moving from the west coast of Mexico proceeding Northeast through Texas the Midwest and into Canada.

Here's the map of today's eclipse.


See where San Antonio would have been perfect...and I've been wanting to make a trip out there.

If I'd gone out of the house today here in Florida, I would have seen a partial eclipse, but I totally forgot about it and now it's after sundown.

So now I get an Earth eclipse. That's where the Earth blocks the sun. Get it, 'cause it turned and it's making it's way to the other side of the planet. Ugh.