Here Is Your Sacrifice!

 

One of my fave old school movies is undoubtedly The Ten Commandments starring Charlton Heston, Yul Brenner, and as seen in the pic, Edward G. Robinson. It's one of those Lush Budget Hollywood epics from the Golden Age that never gets old.

Oddly enough, memories of this film came up this morning as I'm preparing my Ozempic pen; my eye spots the pharmaceutical company logo of the maker of this drug. A drug, I probably don't have to tell you, that has become as popular as a new shiny god. This company is literally making millions from Ozempic's hype. 

The logo immediately struck me as funny, and I mean funny in an ironic way, thinking of people like my neighbor Mary who earnestly panics that we are one step closer to Armageddon at the behest of drug companies who would inject us with demonic DNA.

I mean, just look at it yourself. 

If you've seen the movie, you'll probably remember the scene when Charlton Heston as Moses comes down from the mountain with his Ten Commandments in his arms, sees his people partying like it's 1999 BC, and they're sacrificing virgins to a golden idol, a false god. Here's the scene to see for yourself.

As you can see from this Facebook post, of course I'm not the only one to think of this. Reminds me also of the hullabaloo surrounding the Procter & Gamble logo a few years back. People see the devil in all sorts of things.

It does make me kind of wonder though, as I'm about to inject myself, if actually I'm being sacrificed to Satan. I better start my chanting now.