A Binge With No Name

 

I've lost count how many times I've binged Breaking Bad, but here I am, once again, riding in the desert on a horse with no name.

As I write this, I'm looking at a dedicated binge Fest Sunday afternoon starting with episode 1 season 5 right to the series finale. And despite seeing each episode multiple times before, I'll have a grin on my face throughout this whole day. It's like the theme parks, it never, and I mean never, gets old.

What can I say about this show that I haven't before? The show totally faultless? Is it that perfect? Of course not. But maybe that's part of its magic.

Now I'm not starting my binge today out of sync. All week long I've been watching the previous seasons. I spent pretty much all day yesterday right up until 3:00 a.m. Completing season 4. I can't think of many shows that I would binge with this much vigor. Even Better Call Saul. Since the completion of that show, I think I binged it one other time, but there were some episodes I frankly had to either skip or fast forward through. 

And this is common, at least for me, binging shows, especially ones I've seen many times. Everyone has their favorites, and those less favorite. But not Breaking Bad. The only episode I skipped was fly. I mean, it's all about a fly that Walt and Jesse try to hunt down in the super lab. It was great first run through to build on the characters ability to think things through, and how they processed problems differently, and dealt with stresses and expressed frustrations and emotions in subtle ways, but for me in what must be something like my fifth pass through, I don't need all of that character building.

I think I may treat myself tonight to a take-out pizza from Dimitris. I'll be sure to not throw it up onto my roof though.