To The Left, To The Left

Last fall I had to deal with that nasty sinus infection which at first I thought was some kind of TMJ issue. Well guess what's back? Only this time it's affecting my left side. 

This time I also misdiagnosed the early symptoms since it was much closer to my bad teeth on the left side of my jaw, I thought it had to do with them directly, so I went to the dental clinic, gave a copy of my 2022 tax form, that got me on the sliding scale so all I have to pay is $50 a visit. After the X-ray though, doctor looked at me like I had a mental issue, because she showed me there is no cavity. 

And almost like the knowledge that it wasn't tooth related had something to do with the symptoms changing, sure enough, the pain seemed to shift throughout yesterday morning and I noticed my left lower jaw and thyroid area swelling up big time and now the pain was directly coming from there affecting the entire left side of my face, giving me headaches, and ratcheting up to level 10 on the Pain Scale in waves. 

Didn't get much sleep last night, and I don't expect to get much tonight. It's almost 1:00 a.m. No I don't have much on my plate for tomorrow, I'll probably have to clock out to accommodate staying at home sick instead of attending the morning caseload meeting. I'll also have to reschedule one client meeting for later. This sucks of course since I have no PTO yet and it will just be unpaid time. 

If this infection follows the same trend as last time, it might be rough for the next few days, with varying degrees of intensity as it hopefully starts to heal up in the following weeks. I mean, last time, it took months before I felt 100% again and even to this day I still get a few nasty post-nasal drips from the right sinus. No doubt one of these bacteria laden oozes started this new bout. Either that or something around the house. Which wouldn't be surprising, this house needs some deep cleaning. 

All this hitting at a very odd time since now I'm starting to think maybe I will stay with the job. Yeah I know, I'm a mess both physically and mentally. I'm just a big old host for all sorts of nasty parasites.