Baby Got More Back

 

Like Sir Mix-A-Lot, I like my babies to have a little junk in the trunk. And by my babies I mean, of course, my computers. Mildred got a new extra hard drive installed today (I did it! My first hard drive install since the 90s...much easier nowadays...no master and slave drive jumper connections, no awkward ribbon cables, no scary BIOS editing, etc.) 

Mildred has a 128 gig SSD drive and a 500 gig hard drive and space, especially in the past few years with games getting bigger and bigger, has frequently been an issue. I can't tell you how many games I've had to uninstall just to be able to install a new purchase. It was getting very, very old. So for a mere $37 my baby now has another terabyte in her booty. I moved over all the pictures, videos and documents from the D Drive (the 500 gig Toshiba) onto the new F Drive (the 1 TB Western Digital Blue) and it hardly made a sliver on the bar graph. Games, like the one I'm downloading right now, which I bought a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to install it, with its 90 GB requirement, should start to peck away at that vast line of emptiness on the hard drive's storage graph. 

Anyway, I'll keep this post short since every usage of bandwidth potentially slows down the download which has been in progress for about 20 minutes now and I still have well over an hour and a half left.