Who Needs Toothsome?

 


So as I mentioned in my last post, I wasn't able to be seated at the Toothsome restaurant (full name: The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen) in City Walk (for ol' timers like me, it replaced the failed NBA City restaurant that once stood here) leaving me feeling quite dejected, sitting outside of it looking sadly across the lake. Well screw you Mr. Toothsome, I made my own Savory Feast and Decadent Dessert...

Here are the main ingredients I used:


Here's a picture of a burger served at Toothsome. Kinda looks, from the size of the bacon strip, like this is kinda small, maybe even a slider. Now, TBH, when I looked up the burger I was hankerin' for online, it did note it as a 1/2 pound burger so I don't think the picture is like it but I couldn't find any other burger photos so maybe the burgers there aren't deemed "photo worthy" by patrons who post pics of their food on the internet (every woman in the world..."OMG, let me take a pic of this....")


From the pic at the top, you can see I've included a small bowl of delicious ice cream for dessert. Here's the "stupendous" shakes they offer, not so big...proly the same amount of ice cream as my two scoop bowl, and likely far less quality than Haagen-Dazs.


Here's a rundown comparison of the costs for each meal:

Toothsome:

May Contain Bacon - $19.95

Half pound housemade patty, bibb lettuce, smokey thick cut bacon, grilled pork belly, pineapple chutney, jack cheese, pretzel bun (served with curly fries)

Espresso Buzzzz - $15

Coffee ice cream, espresso, chocolate espresso beans, whipped topping, maraschino cherry

My version:

DOES Contain Bacon - $6.74*

1/3 pound Bubba Burger patty, thick-sliced Vidalia onion slices, smokey thick cut Smithfield bacon, Yum Yum sauce, Vlasic dill relish, Gulden's spicy brown mustard, 2 slices Kraft American cheese, Pepperidge Farms onion and poppy seed bun (served with Tater Tots)

Wake Up, Mon Cheri! - $3*

Two healthy scoops of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, one Coffee Chip and one Cherry Vanilla

*From the prices of the items broken down into the one serving

No crowds, no smarmy hostesses, no lazy waiters taking the elevator down one flight of stairs (yea, really, and not holding trays or anything).

Oh, and on the elevator those lazy waiters were talking about their break to each other and wondering where they were going to eat. So they don't even want to eat there!

Cross this place off my bucket list for sure. I got much better right here at home.

And all the seats are available!