I'm Approved!

 

What am I doing? 

For about a year now, I guess since I've been about three years removed from my last default, I've consistently been mailed offer after offer for new credit cards.

Now, of course, these offers are for the bottom of the barrel high-risk cards...the ones with those ridiculous interest rates, outrageous fees and low credit lines. But one bank has been a cut above the others...Credit One Bank.

I had a card with them back in the '00s when I was coming up from the ashes of Koyo. I maintained an excellent record of payment with them and eventually closed the account in good standing after getting Lakewood and seeing my credit score rise enough to elevate me out of the sub-prime swamp.

They were the best low baller card out there then, having only one annual fee. Now, they offer me a card with NO annual, or other predatory fees.

Frustrated by only having one credit card and its low $1,000 limit, I decided to go ahead and apply. Yup, I got approved. And with a $1,000 line of credit. Only kicker is it's another American Express. 

So is this the beginning of a phoenix rising once again from another pile of ashes? What about bankruptcy? Right now, with full time income about to fill my coffers, I'm focusing on the positives. Screw those lawsuits. Screw the bankruptcy route. I'm gonna live like Kristen Whig's Approval-Excited SNL Character, relishing the small things.

Woo Hoo! They let me pick what color card I want! Oh joy! I picked "Steel" grey. You know it's a great credit card when they let you choose how your card looks. Like Direct Merchants back in the '90s and the tropical beach scene.

What store should I shop at first? It won't be "Terget" since there isn't one in this county.