Cyrus The Not-So-Great


My Christmas Day shift on the phones for Disney Reservations:

1st call: Thank you for calling Walt Disney World, where celebrations are our specialty! My name is Cyrus, how may I help you? Is Disney Springs open today? I know this: Like the parks, it's open 365 days a year. When does it close? Not really sure, I think it's normally 11pm, I could have easily looked it up but I just give what I figure is a Holiday closing time of 10pm. She seems unconvinced, I think she could hear I was lying. She was right. And, I was wrong...they closed at normal 11pm time. (EDIT: Later I found out they had an odd computer issue with the POS machines at many of the restaurants there so really they kinda did close early except for cash purchases at kiosk vendors. Hmmm.)

2nd call: My Disney Experience says my husband's park reservation was cancelled. Oh, I can't confirm MDX but I can get you to the right department. May I place you on a brief hold? First, IDK if we can look up park reservations. I forgot that. Second there's no department to transfer her to, plus I still don't know how to transfer, I already know she's going to be "transferred" to the DT Department (Dial Tone). She sounded a bit entitled and seemed a bit miffed about agreeing to hold. Kept her on hold for a good five minutes, then hung up.

3rd call: I was looking into booking a stay at Port Orleans Riverside in February? Clickity clackity, pretending to look it up. Oh I'm sorry there's no availability on those dates. How about the week before? Let me see if there's anything in the whole month, please hold. Six minutes for her. Beeeeeeep.

4th call: I was told that I'm late making a payment on my reservation but it's only a few minutes so I hope you can help me. I actually look it up...she's 44 minutes late. Well, I can't do anything on my end since technically it is past the deadline but let me work some Magic and see what we can do. I'll get you to a Tier Two agent who I'm sure can work some Magic. (Oh I was pouring on the soothing slick voice too...she was falling for it. I could hear in her voice that had I left it at "sorry" she would have railed in to me and demanded to speak to my supervisor. I wasn't having any of that. When I send folks to the DT, I want it to be a surprise.)

As the old clock came to the roughly 30 minutes mark, I'd had enough and called it a day.