Yeah, That's The Ticket

 

So I specifically went out today to buy a Powerball ticket to get in on the possibility of winning its record-breaking payout of over a billion dollars. I bought my ticket at Publix liquor store. (While snagging an apparently base priced Lagunitas 12-pk at less than $16...that's a better price than many of the domestic lagers! Already a winner in my book.) 

When I got home to check out what the final jackpot amount would be since I thought the drawing was tonight, it turns out the drawing already took place (off-air due to "technical difficulties?" WTF?) and there was one winner in California. The winner's jackpot was actually over TWO BILLION dollars! (Chopped down to a mere $997 million if they take the lump sum.)

Ah well. No worries. Already, as shown printed on the ticket, the new jackpot for the next drawing (tomorrow night) is about $20 million.

Meh, I'll take it. While the media is all focused on the Cali winner and his/her billion, I'll slide by without a single mic in my face. If solo, I'd chop it to about $9 million, I guess, opting for a lump sum. That, my friends, would be definitely more than enough.

I'd pay off these fuckers suing me (with a reduced settlement offered as an immediate one-time payment) figuring they'd be good to go with about $10K outta pocket. I'd leave the others high and dry since we're almost at the five year mark where they can't sue me. My credit would continue to be be impacted but with $9 million and my low requirements, why would I need credit ever again?

I'd buy a modest house, maybe even right here in Highlands County. Good deals still here. It has to have a pool though. Oh yes, I want my own pool.

I'd opt to no longer continue with my Arise or Liveops certifications since, thank you very much, I'd happily re-enter full retirement without the bat of an eye. Instead, I'd become a Disney Passholder again, booking stays at all manner of Disney resorts at will and I'd let my accountant use whatever tax software they like.

Good bye Hulk. I'd trade him in at the nearest luxury SUV dealership. No more small cars. No more stick shift. In fact, none too keen on the driving thing anyway so my SUV would likely sit idle much of the time while I hire private luxury coaches to get around to places outside of say 50 miles.

Theme park resort vacations, exciting exploration vacations abroad (Europe, Asia, South America) and back to cruising, of course. $9 million isn't private yacht territory, that'd be the option available to the winner before me of course, but great balcony suite accommodations on the major cruise lines would be fine enough for me.

So congratulations big winner out in the Golden State! My Sunshine State winnings would be only 1% of yours but maybe I'll have 100% more fun with it.