Now From The Southeast

 


A bit more than a month after Ian strikes us from the southwest, now we have this bitch comin' up from the southeast. As you can see, I'm right in the cone again.

News says it's expected to hit hurricane force winds before slamming into Florida. 

Hurricane "season" is supposed to be over as of November 1.

I have the sneaky feeling that since I remained pretty much unaffected by major outages last time, perhaps it's because our main power grid is geographically to the east of Sebring? Not sure. But if so, then maybe this time I'll be outta commission, power and/or internet wise, for more than a few hours. Perhaps days? Weather wise it should be fine with temps in the low eighties as a daily high, but what about certification?

And, not gonna lie, been feeling a bit of PTSD going back to that night under Ian's roars. And with my certification responsibilities, I can't just pack up and go. I gotta stick out this one too.

1997 me: Let's move to Florida...it'll be great!
2022 me: Hmmm.

EDIT: 7:30 am November 10

The storm has made landfall earlier today near Vero Beach and is currently just southwest of Orlando (ie right over Disney) well north of me and just squalls and steady rain here. As you can see, it'll be headin' northwest through the morning then turn northeast later. 

Na na! Ya missed me Nicole! :)