LIVE BLOG: Ian Approaches

 


At 3:47 pm, my internet went down for a few minutes and there was a short dip in the power so I decided to LIVE BLOG until the internet or power or both go out for good.

3:59 pm  I was trying to take a nap since it'll be a long night and I won't sleep much. No luck, even after two Benedryls, so I'm doing this.

4:02 pm I'm about to eat some Salisbury steak and rice. I eat when nervous. Well, I eat for any reason, but I really am a nervous eater. Microwave is beeping at me.

4:04 pm I have 3 candles lit in prep for when lights go out as it's getting kinda darker out. Plus it's always dark in here.

4:07 pm Watching YouTube channel SevereStudios. He shows images like above. Has cams installed watching live feed from some current eyewall-near sites: Punta Gorta, Siesta Key, Venice. Fascinating. 

4:10 pm Outside the winds come and go. Not a lot of rain, just steady. It's also been rainy all week so this is just more saturation. Thankfully, I think I'm on a slight elevation and our soil is very sandy here so I think I'm okay in the flooding department. The wind is playing with a loose slat of my jalousie window here behind my desk set up. I worry once it gets stronger, I may loose that slat. If so, after it's all said and done, I have no idea where I'd be able to get a replacement. Jalousie windows are definitely old fashioned and I doubt they make them anymore.

4:15 pm Dude narrating (doing a great job BTW) says now one million people are without power across Florida. Not including me....YET.

4:16 pm So how I'm doing this is clicking "Update" (formerly "Publish") on Blogger dashboard after I type each timestamp entry. Thusly, the last entry published would either indicate I'm down and out one way or another. Or I might chose to go on to other things but if still connected, I'll post a closing out entry.

Around 4:22 pm after finishing what may well be my last hot meal for days, the internet went down again. I waited ten minutes and it didn't come back so I laid down to take a nap. Not able to sleep, I checked the computer again around 5:05 pm and internet was back. But I'll stop this LIVE BLOG here and check out other things on the web while I still can.