How Bad Can This Be?

 


Right now (12:48 am Tuesday) I'm thinking I'll be okay to ride this one out here at home. I'm in Sebring, of course, which, on the graphic above is located just about at the top of the second letter R in "FORT MYERS" so, basically, just outside the "cone." But, it's the dirty side so there's that.

I guess I'll get a small bugout bag packed though, just incase forecasts predict a move to the east and closer to home. I really don't like the idea of roughing out a full day (since this one's a slow mover) of 100 mph winds, massive rain and, of course, no power. If I need to, it looks like my best last ditch escape plan would be to drive on Rt 27 south towards Miami rather than go north further into the fray. Hulk is fully gassed just in case.

If the trajectory stays on course as indicated above though, should see tropical storm like conditions but not such high sustained winds, just a lot of rain and still, most likely, no power as the power plants servicing my county are all in that cone.

And this season was looking so mild. Ah well. Don't fuck this up DeSantis. The country's watching you. Maybe you can coax the hurricane onto a plane and send it to Martha's Vineyard?