Eh, Well, We'll See, Doc.

 

Earlier this week, I decided to give Arise another shot at it. I signed up and got approved for servicing the "Mouse Client" as it's frequently called in consideration of the non-disclosure guidelines for client company names. Of course, we all know what mouse we're talkin' about here: Disney.

There are a few Disney departments that contract with Arise and the one I chose had the better reviews in comparison to the others, I found, on the message boards and support groups I frequent; Disney Resorts. Yup, more booking. Ugh. But also general questions customer service including plans, attraction info, dining options, transportation arrangements, and all the rest like complaints, billing or credit issues, and Disney Karen cat call sessions galore, I'm sure. WTF am I getting into? Is this potentially the worst client yet?

Now my Arise comrades-in-arms on the Facebook Groups and reddit threads say it's a dream job. But we know Disney. That's a good thing and a bad thing. I know the Florida parks, of course (boasting numerous visits to the various parks over the years), and some of the resorts and a smattering of other locales based on following vlogs and interest-specific YouTubers and other sites (All Ears, The DIS, etc.) for decades. That's good right? I should be able to quickly answer most general questions off the top of my head. But I know the other side of Disney too. I've lived in the Orlando area for over two decades and knew many a castmember and their horror stories. The moniker Evil Rat came from somewhere. Though I never directly worked for the Rat before, I have serviced the Rat's credit card through Chase and we all remember how fun that was. 

Pay is on the low-end ($12/hr) and we know from Modivcare that doesn't guarantee an easy job. You know the systems are going to be complex as shit. And do you think they'll be sticklers on stats, perfect etiquette and demeanor, following the proper chain of escalation and quickly navigating, sans snark, the maze of conflicting info regarding almost every aspect of the job due to a multitude of past, present and on-going changes? 

Again, WTF am I thinking?!

But maybe the fangirls are right? Maybe this is the dream post? 

Or should I say, the Magic one?

Wish me luck bitches, I start certification on October 17, start taking calls around December 2 and won't see any Donald Duck gold coinage in my pockets 'till after the New Year.

As Bugs Bunny would say: "Eh, it's a livin'!"

Fuck, wrong IP! ;)