Hoppin' On The Short Bus

 

Well, it's actually a non-emergency medical transit van but still. And I'm not gonna actually ride it, but I guess I'll be booking people on it.

My need to start employment ASAP (see previous post) and to keep it on the low-income side (ie. no fulltime messing with my Obamacare or plea to the bankruptcy courts of dire poverty) made me choose to go back to Arise and select the ModivCare client.

Not really sure what the job entails other than an idea that it deals with calls to arrange transit and maybe answer pissed off callers asking where their van is. 

It's actually one of the lower-paying opportunities on the platform right now at just $11.50/hr but the way I figure that (hopefully) is it's price-matched to the difficulty of the job (ie. it pays less since it's simpler).

Class starts in two weeks and I should be making revenue by mid-September. Maybe by late November I can opt to start the bankruptcy process? Or should I just make a deal with BOA? I think the other threats are nil by now since they've been oh-so-quiet. Hmm, not sure. But fingers crossed for a happy, simple short bus style job this time.