I'll Be Watching You



So I bought a couple Wyze security cameras. I've already installed one on the screened-in porch and next I'll mount one outside my bedroom window where I've got the webcam placed so I can get legit security coverage on the carport rather than the jury-rigged webcam. Only $70 for the two, and with free cloud storage of 12-second "event" clips if they detect a person coming into view. Sweet!

As mentioned before, my neighbors be strange sometimes. A couple times now I've seen a few of them coincidentally in their yards right near my house as I'm coming back home from going somewhere. I even found dog shit TWICE; once a while ago on my carport drive near the AC unit and just today I almost stepped in a clump of it at the base of my stairs to my front door off the screened-in porch...so basically almost smack dab in the middle of the pic above. Now how did a dog get on my porch? Well there is a small hole in the aluminum wall towards the back and I guess an unleashed dog (or maybe a cat...turd was too big to be a mouse or other such tiny critter) could squeeze through. But why? There's no food on the porch? And why right at the base of the steps? Shades of that fucking ferret from many years ago popped in my head.



As you can see in the above pic, it has a really good night vision capability as well. This camera will send a notification via text to your phone if it detects motion, then you can open the Wyze app and select the "events" to see the video of when the event was captured. I tested it out in the daylight and night and it was a little slower to detect me at night, only capturing from when I was starting to close my door as opposed to when I first opened it.

EDIT: A day or two later and I "installed" my second camera. I actually just placed it in the bedroom window a little farther back from where the webcam was placed. It's behind the glass so I can't use the IR Night Vision since it just reflects off the inside of the window but as you see in the second pic, it looks passable at night even without it. Why is my neighbor dumping buckets of some liquid off their porch at 1:30 in the morning? #TrailerParkLife.