The Life Of The Idle Poor


So with temps heading towards a predicted low of 33 tonight, I finally put my heat on...but set it only at 60. Can't be spending money galore on electric during the winter, this is my savings time, off-setting the high $140/month bills in the summer. Especially important since I got no response from my request to the county for electricity costs assistance.

I got my food stamps back last month and I'll have that up to at least April. I also used that qualification to snag a $50 credit applied to my monthly internet bill which retails normally now a year outside of the spiff I got as a result of this call to Comcast.

I shop only for groceries on sale or already cheap so I try to stay somewhat insulated from the effects of our current inflation...my $250 a month in food stamps seems to be well enough. I haven't been to a restaurant (sit-down) since my Clearwater vacation, which is also the last time I went out to any bars. ABC has good sales on take home brewskis. Heck, this past weekend they had good imported German beer cheaper than domestic lager like Bud or Coors. They often have nice IPAs on sale cheap-cheap as well.

Out of an abundance of caution, I peel Benjamins off the stacks in my box, and deposit about five of them a month in my checking, quickly used to pay the AMEX, Duke and Ambetter bills. 

I drive only to ABC, Walmart and or Publix and not much else. I haven't put gas in my car since October. My car insurance did go up a smidge from $317/half year to $337. Why? Car value is increasing due to used car shortages? General inflation? Not sure. Eh, still affordable for full coverage with a $500 deductible. 

The courtroom shenanigan's have gone silent...haven't heard hide nor hair since November. Not sure what to make of that but if you ask me, time is on my side. The more time that goes by, the better it is for any of my next moves.

Ah yes, it's a boring and lonely idle poor life for me...but you know...I wouldn't have it any other way.

EDIT: The pic is from the most recent Street View image taken from Bayview Street, parralell to my street on the northside. The green and black house in the background between the two foreground homes is mine. Maybe someday Street View will shoot on my street...we're not gated but there is the community sign which might make the Google car driver think twice so these shots from Bayview which is a common enough through road is proly all we're going to get.