SETTLEMENT!

So outta the blue this morning I get an email from some chick named Andrea at the law firm suing me in small claims court. She wants to know if I want to settle. Hmmm. 

But they only offered a couple grand "discount" at the mediation in May, now, just a few days from a likely summary judgement against me, what would they take? 

I mulled it over for a while. At first I'm like "Fuck them. They get nothing! I emptied my bank accounts and have no job. What're they gonna do? Would they really have the balls to take my car? How about raid my house?" 

But then I'm all like: "Am I really ready for this? Do I really want to worry about a knock on the door? Or a tow truck backing up to the rear of my car? Or if I lie about what I have and get a summons to appear for some fuckin' deposition. Then I lie during that and I risk perjury if they put two and two together." 

So I decide to ask her what she offers. $3,750 she says. Still no good. I counter with one grand, lump sum, paid out today. And, after about 20 minutes she's like "Okay." 

So I dodge this nearly eight thousand dollar lawsuit and pay only $1000! Their quick acceptance makes me greedily wonder if I should have gone lower, but you know...I'll take it. If I could dispatch the other three baddies with a similar figure each, I'd make out WAAAAY better than spending just as much to surrender a LOT more in either Chapter 7 or 11.