No French Toasts In RI Today

 

That's right Rhode Islanders, if you haven't gone out before the weekend even got started to do your marketing, and you haven't gotten bread, milk, and eggs...then YOU'RE SCREWED!

Hey it's not me, I'm just the reporter. Apparently, although Miss Haley Star's weather girl alter-ego Gayle Storm had been on-point in reporting to us the deteriorating conditions of each of the past storms in her area, this year, she's a no show.

I complained as much in the comment section of her last video. Maybe she'll se it and update us former Lil Rhodies as to the fate of our ancient homeland? Although I must say, in my new residency I think I've had to tussle with a bigger set of windbags myself over the past two decades or so. I mean, really, look at the graphic above: They got a direct hit today by Henri with winds of what? 60 MPH? Alligator farts cause bigger storms here in the Hurricane Capital of the World, Florida!

Hang in there though Rhode Islanders. For us Floridians, in this type of a storm we'd be throwing parties. You guys are likely hunkering down in your bathtubs in an atmosphere of doom and candlelight, dreaming of the French Toasts you'll never have. Ah, get over it! You'll be able to pick up the twigs off the road by tomorrow morning. Maybe you'll get your lights on by mid-week. No French Toast or air conditioning for three days. Bet you'll be mighty riled up. Well don't blame me, blame Haley Storm!