In The Air Tonight Again

 


This storm heading for Louisiana reminds me of back in the day when I went through my own personal drama while I was living in New Orleans. As I write about in one of my Koyaanisquatsi Chronicles, I cowered through the night as a mighty hurricane barreled up the Gulf towards the Big Easy. If not for a last minute unexpected curve to the east, NOLA would have seen the effects of that major Cat 5 storm in the fall of 2004. Instead, Ivan merely glanced by and we escaped the Big One. Of course, a year later, the city would not be so lucky when Katrina came a callin'.

Unlike my previous post lamenting the mere inconvenience of Storm Henri to New England, this Hurricane Ida is the real thing and Pelican Staters should take head of all the warnings and stay safe. My thoughts go out to y'all.