Moderna First Shot Side Effects


As I mentioned in the previous post, I received my first dose of the Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine and I wanted here to record of few of my post shot symptoms.

The shot itself was about as painful as a bloodwork needle but being in the upper arm/shoulder it felt a bit unusual so it was a little jarring. No post shot pain or symptoms, though they made people wait in the exit waiting area for 15 minutes (with paramedics on hand and an ambulance in the nearby parking area, just in-case). 

About half-hour later is when I started to feel like I got punched in my upper arm...not painful, just a dull ache. This progressed to more of a sensitivity as if there were a big bruise there, yet optically everything was fine, there was no bruise. 

While I was playing video games after eating dinner, about 2-3 hours after the shot, I started feeling a little achy and weak and I was getting chilly. The temps were actually dropping so the chill might have been just a reaction to that though. But I also felt very light-headed like a little buzzed or high though I hadn't had anything to cause that. It wasn't entirely bad, a little euphoric even.

Around 10:30, some 6 hours after the shot, I was getting really tired so I went to bed. Now the shit was getting real...

Within about 20 minutes, as I was falling asleep, I suddenly felt very weird. It's really hard to describe. It was like a panic attack but maybe worse 'cause I really thought I was going to die. Now I've had panic attacks like this before, I usually attribute it to my apnea waking me suddenly as I'm about to fall asleep and find my airway blocked, but this seemed different. I sensed a bluish glow and popped out of bed thinking I got to make it to the door so I could get outside since I was sure I was going to lose consciousness and die and I didn't want to die in bed were I wouldn't be found until maggots and bugs have had their way with me weeks later. After a bit I calmed down and surmised that this must have been a side effect of the vaccine. It didn't seem like I was breathing heavy or had elevated heartrate. The whole "attack" took place with me acting coherently and seemingly logically without much anxiety, like I knew it was happening and knew I was helpless so I just remained relatively calm and hoped I could avoid it. 

My fatigue returned and I was now even colder so I had to get a spare comforter out and add it to my bedding. Only on really cold nights (like near freezing) do I usually do this. The thermostat said it was 66. My blurred vision saw the display as 666. Naw, I'm shittin' ya here...it was 66 degrees though.

But no joking this time, I went back to bed and started hallucinating that aliens were invading my mind and they were wrapping me in their tendrils. I shit you not!

Once asleep, I did my usual nightly turn every hour or so yet I couldn't maintain turning onto my left side due to the aching shoulder. I had vivid, wild dreams all night. One where I was an innocent bystander on the street and all hell was breaking loose around me with people looting and assaulting one another, then this dude pulls out a pistol and shoots a dude right near me in the head getting him just beneath the left eye. The victim looks stunned and confused, puts his hand up to his bullet hole and blood is oozing, then gushing out...I snapped out of this one before the guy dropped dead. Another dream I was playing golf on a very expensive course with Ric, another one I was cheating on my wife with another woman. (Yeah, I guess I was straight! Talk about nightmares!)

I did sleep a good 9 hours though so I feel refreshed today with only a light case of my usual tinnitus. Wasn't very hungry in the morning as my stomach was just slightly upset, perhaps from all the drama of the whole night? It's Sunday afternoon around 5:00 and I feel otherwise fine. My shoulder is still slightly achy but only if I touch it now.

They say the symptoms from the first dose are almost non-existent especially when compared to the second. There people say is where the real side effects happen. 28 more days. Shit, after last night, I wonder if I'll survive it?